February 19, 2026
IMG_6203

Britain’s former Prince, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested by UK police on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office, the authorities confirmed as investigations linked to the release of the Jeffrey Epstein files continued to develop.

The arrest was announced by Thames Valley Police, who said they had detained a man in his sixties from Norfolk and were carrying out searches at addresses in both Berkshire and Norfolk in connection with the inquiry. The force’s statement did not name the individual, in line with standard British practice, but the timing and circumstances point to the arrest of Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew.

Police were seen earlier in the day at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where unmarked vehicles and officers were present as the investigation unfolded.

The arrest coincided with his 66th birthday, and the police described the move as part of a “thorough assessment” into allegations that he improperly shared sensitive information with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein during his time serving as a UK trade envoy.

Mountbatten-Windsor, who was stripped of his royal titles and duties in 2025 after long-running scrutiny over his association with Epstein, has consistently denied any wrongdoing related to the Epstein files.

The matter has drawn significant public interest, and police officials have said they will provide updates as the active investigation continues.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *